The Barlow Pass is the sweet spot for most all-road bikes. We name our tires after the passes in the Cascade Mountains that inspire them: Barlow Pass is near the ghost town of Monte Cristo in the northern Cascades. Our Barlow Pass is the perfect tire for rides that combine equal portions of pavement and gravel: light enough so your bike retains the nimble feel of a road bike, yet 38 mm wide to give you amazing traction on pavement and off.
The Standard casing is the more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
The Barlow Pass is tubeless-compatible. For tubeless setup, we recommend Panaracer or Stan’s Race Sealant.
The supple casing of our Rene Herse all-road tires rolls smoothly over surface irregularities. The tread pattern interlocks with the road surface for superior cornering grip, whether your roads are wet or dry. The tread has enough thickness in the center to last many miles, but it’s thin and supple on the shoulders where it doesn’t wear. All models feature:
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 75 psi (5.2 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 60 psi (4 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 38 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 39 mm
- Extralight casing: +0.5 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 – 29 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Made in Japan
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 385 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Black or tan sidewalls
- 350 g
- Our Extralight casing in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 385 g
Click here for a downloadable article on optimizing your tire pressure and tire installation instructions.