The ENVE Builder Round-Up and Grodeo event is this weekend in Ogden, Utah, which celebrates artisan bike builders, their bespoke creations, and a gravel adventure in ENVE’s backyard known as the Grodeo.
Unfortunately, we would not travel to the event this year, because of COVID travel restrictions, but we built a bike for the show and shipped it last week. John Watson from The Radavist highlighted a few bikes from the Round Up, including: Chumba, Falconer, Firefly, Mariposa, Scarab, Sklar, and Tomii…you can view their article and gallery at this link.
This Mariposa bicycle we built was designed for lightweight, off-road adventure touring and bikepacking. The frame was fillet brazed with with a mixture of Columbus road and mountain bike tubing, a Columbus tapered head tube, and Paragon dropouts. It was designed to accommodate a 1x Shimano GRX Di2 groupset, a dynamo lighting system with internal light wiring, three bottle cages (two on the down tube and one on the seat tube). We used an ENVE Adventure Fork with bosses for a light, other mounted accessories, or a front carrier. The frame can also accommodate fenders, and one of our custom front or rear carriers, which we also braze up the workshop out of lightweight tubing to custom fit each frame.
The bike has a Shimano GRX Di2 1 x 12 groupset (42T chainring, 11-42 cassette). The wheels were built up with ENVE AG25 Foundation rims, a SON Dynamo front hub, ENVE alloy rear hub and Rene Herse Fleecer Pass 29” x 2.2” Endurance Tires. The SON Edulux front light is mounted on the front fork and the Rene Herse Rear light is mounted on the left rear stay to a braze-on. The wide tires, combined with the ENVE flared drop gravel bars provide great stability on the roughest terrain. This bike can be ridden comfortably day or night on single track, gravel. Swap out the tires and it is quick on the tarmac. And, the SON dynamo hub has the capacity to charge a GPS, iPhone or other USB device with the addition of a small adaptor, which is a great feature for multi-day adventures, or longer non-stop rides.
Mariposa Bicycle Technical Specifications:
- Frame: Fillet brazed with with a mixture of Columbus road and mountain bike tubing, a Columbus tapered head tube, Paragon Machine works dropouts
- Crankset: Shimano GRX, 172.5mm 42T Chainring
- Shifters: Shimano GRX Di2
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX Di2
- Cassette: Shimano XT 11-42
- Rims: ENVE AG25 Foundation carbon rims
- Front hub: SON Delux Dynamo thru-axle
- Rear hub: ENVE
- Tires: Rene Herse Fleecer Ridge 29″ x 2.2″ Endurance Tires
- Front light: SON Edulux (The SON dynamo hub has the capacity to charge a GPS, iPhone or other USB device with the addition of a small adaptor, which is a great feature for multi-day adventures, or longer non-stop rides).
- Rear light: Rene Herse, brazed on the rear left drop out
- Handlebars: ENVE Gravel Bars
- Stem: ENVE
- Seatpost: ENVE
- Pedals: Shimano XTR