This frame is an excellent example of the ornate lugged Hetchins. The Hetchins “Vibrant” stays were claimed to make the bike more comfortable and resilient. Campagnolo Record derailleurs, hubs and headset, Specialites TA “Adapteur” crankset, Mafac brakes, Brooks saddle.
- Serial number: H 10172
- Frame tubing: Reynolds 531
- Size: Seat Tube: 57 cm Centre to Centre (58.3 cm Centre to Top), Top Tube: 58 cm
- Paint: Light blue, white single box and lug lining. Metal head badge with Hetchins decals on the down tube and seat tube.
- Fork: Crown chrome, round blades
- Drop-outs: Campagnolo
- Headset: Campagnolo Steel
- Hubs: Campagnolo Record L/F
- Rims: Fiamme Red Label, 36H
- Tires: Vittoria Rally Tubular 700C x 23mm
- Crankset: Specialites TA Cotterless 170 mm 5 Pin Adapteur 52/43 chainrings
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Record Steel
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Record Alloy
- Shift levers: Campagnolo – brazed on down tube
- Freewheel: 5 speed Shimano 14-24
- Chain : Regina S.C.
- Brakes: Mafac 2000 CP
- Brake Levers Mafac
- Cables: Blue
- Saddle: Brooks Pro Leather
- Seatpost: Alloy straight
- Handlebars: Cinelli Alloy Criterium #65 39 C-C
- Stem: Cinelli Alloy 12 cm
- Tape: Blue
- Pedals: Zeus alloy steel cage road
- Clips and straps: Christophe
In very good condition, although photographed with old, dry tubular tires tires, which will be replaced. Original paint with some scratches.
Read more on vintage bicycle in A Life With Bicycles by Mike Barry.