Finally René Herse’s revolutionary dual-purpose knobbies are available in a 26″ version. Humptulips Ridge, the place that inspired the name of these tires, is at the southern edge of the remote Olympic Mountains. A beautiful narrow gravel road climbs one side of the ridge, then descends the other, in an otherworldly loop that ranks among the best riding experiences anywhere.
The Humptulips Ridge grips like a knobby when conditions get tough. On pavement, it rolls like a slick tire thanks to its large and strategically placed knobs that don’t squirm and always put the same amount of rubber on the road.
The Standard casing is the more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
The Humptulips Ridge is tubeless-compatible. For tubeless setup, we recommend Panarace Seal Smart or Stan’s Race Sealant.
All models feature:
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 52 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 53 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 – 39 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Made in Japan
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 525 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Ttan sidewalls
- 490 g
- Our Extralight casing in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 585 g
Click here for a downloadable article on optimizing your tire pressure and tire installation instructions.