The Castelli x Mariposa thermal jacket is the ultimate jacket, bringing warmth, breathability and a high level of rain protection along with a soft, comfortable fit.
This jacket masters moisture management and wicks the sweat generated during high-intensity riding. Designed with a a double-layer construction that allows you to open an outer wind-protection layer while keeping the insulation layer closed and thereby allowing airflow inside the jacket to evacuate moisture while avoiding direct contact with the skin. On a long climb you can completely open the outer layer to allow moisture to escape, and when you descend, you can close the outer layer and are completely dry inside.
The jacket design also focuses on the openings: neck, waist and, most of all, wrists. The neck comes up high and is shaped to move with you, whether you are standing or are in an aero position. At the waist, there is a stretch layer with a silicone bead that lies flat and completely seals out wind without bunching or riding up. There is also a double-layer wrist opening with an inner layer to go under your glove that seals tight to your wrist, and an outer layer that goes over your glove so that any rain will roll down the outside of the glove, keeping your hand dry.
This jacket will also hold up well in wet conditions, as it made with GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® fabric along with waterproof seam taping on critical seams around the shoulder. Other seams are hidden out of direct water flow, and the water-repellent treatment on the fabric is sufficient to prevent most moisture from entering. It strikes the perfect balance between water protection, breathability and comfort. It doesn’t mean that no drop will ever come in, but we do longish rides in real rain and stay completely dry.
- Rain or Shine engineering makes this our best jacket ever for dry conditions while also providing significant rain protection
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 150 fabric for wind protection with high breathability and effective rain protection
- Reduced seaming with seam sealing on shoulders reduces chances for water to enter through stitching
- Double-layer Alpha construction separates insulating layer from wind/water barrier to let you better regulate ventilation
- Water-resistant YKK® Vislon® zipper slides easily for better regulation of airflow
- Raw-edge waist with silicone gripper lies flat and seals out wind
- Double-layer cuff integrates with glove to prevent cold wind or water from entering at wrist
- Stretch fabrics with advanced patterning make for excellent close-to-body fit that still accommodates a wide range of body types
- Back ventilation
- 3 rear pockets with reflective laser-cut drain holes
- Zippered secure side pocket for valuables
- -5°-10 °C / 23°-50°F
- Weight:525 g