LIGHTWEIGHT, YET BURLY. TIGHT, YET AGILE. POINT IN ANY DIRECTION AND GO.
The ABLE is designed to be ripped around on chunky gravel, hardpack dirt, fire roads and single-track. The frame is 1x specific and designed to optimize stability and speed. Purpose-built for wider tires, but with a shorter rear end and elevated chain stay to increase tire clearance and to avoid chain slap and suck. Proven on the brutal terrain of the 2019 Dirty Kanza where Colin Strickland and Amity Rockwell piloted their Ables to overall victory.
AVAILABLE BUILDS & FRAMESETS
Allied Able – Custom Build$4,200.00 – $12,221.25
Allied Able – Harlequin Purple to Green, Medium, 54 cm$4,200.00 – $12,746.25
Allied Able Frameset – Matte Sarge Green, X-Large – 58 cm$4,200.00 – $12,221.25
The ABLE is a high-performance off-road machine that tilts more towards the “mountain skinny” side of the gravel segment. It prefers a big tire but keeps a short rear end – in fact, it’s the same as the ALLROAD at 420mm. This is achieved by the most striking feature on the bike – the elevated drive-side chainstay.
Getting a chainstay this short with high tire volume is a packaging exercise because the chainring, chainstay, and tire all compete for space behind the bottom bracket. On mountain bikes this problem is addressed by widening the bottom bracket — but that affects Q factor in a negative way. When we made the decision to make the ABLE 1X-specific it opened the design envelope and ultimately led to the decision to elevate the chainstay. By moving it up and out of the way we could make it extremely wide resulting in an incredibly responsive ride.
While the award-winning ALLROAD is a Swiss Army knife for a majority of mixed surface riding, when the path gets rambunctious its road-racing genes might seem lacking. We found ourselves on occasion wanting a bike that was equally engineered, but felt more at home on steeper, rockier and more rugged terrain. It was from this desire that the ABLE was born. It’s lightweight, tight, durable and agile. You can point it in any direction and go.
The ABLE is designed to be ripped around on singletrack, fire roads, hardpack dirt, and chunky gravel. Proven on the brutal roads of the 2019 Dirty Kanza where ALLIED athletes Colin Strickland and Amity Rockwell piloted their ABLEs to overall victory.
We offer the ABLE in two stock colors — Calvary Blue paint with Ecru decals, or Sport Grey paint with Mystique decals. Or you can select from an assortment of non-stock PPG paint and decal options — including Gloss, Matte and Harlequin – for a $700 CAD upcharge. And if you have a color in mind you don’t find there, contact our Mariposa Bicycles team so we can discuss the possibilities.
- Maximum Clearance: 700C x 47mm (or 650 x 55mm) front and 700C x 43 (or 650B x 47mm) rear
- Bottle Mounts: 2x Downtube, Seat Tube and Top Tube bag (or 4th bottle)
- Chainstay: 420mm length, elevated on the drive side
- Fender Mounts: Hidden fender mounts front and rear
- Drivetrain: Purpose-built for 1x
- Geometry optimized for gravel and off-road riding with a head tube angle of 71 degrees and a trail of 66mm for most sizes, with a stack slightly taller than an Allied All-Road or Alfa Disc
- This frameset will come with a headset and spacers, thru-axles and a seat collar.
- Other specifications: 27.2 mm seatpost. Flat-mount disc brakes, Integrated FSA headset – 1 1/8″-1-1/4″ (included with the frame) and I-9 Matchstix thru axles. 1.5TP front and rear (included with the frame)
- The frameset can be purchase independently or fully built. We offer four standard full build options: Shimano Di2 GRX, Shimano GRX mechanical, SRAM Red AXS, SRAM Force AXS, as well as ENVE wheels and cockpit component upgrades.