Bike designer, Tom Ritchey loves experiencing all sorts of bicycle adventures – especially dirt – seeking out winding dirt roads, cruising along gravel lanes, and ripping flowy singletrack. He designed the Ascent to be a do-it-all adventure bike so that others can share the same thrills of adventure while also enjoying the renowned Ritchey ride experience.
The Ascent is an extremely adaptable bike. The frame is tig-welded with heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing that features rack and fender mounts and a multi-purpose mount under the downtube, while a new Ritchey steel fork offers up multi-purpose, rack, fender and dynamo light mounts. Other notable features of the new Ritchey Ascent include post-mount brake compatibility, 148mm spacing and an external seat collar.
This bike is build up with a Shimano XT Deore mechanical hydraulic groupset, flat bars and 29″ wheels and 2.2″ width René Herse Fleecer Pass Endurance tires, but it can also be built up with drop bars and 27.5″ wheels are an option as well. However you choose to roll, your riding possibilities are limitless atop the new Ritchey Ascent.
- Includes rack and fender mounts, 3 multi-purpose mounts (2 fork, 1 frame) and threaded crown port
- Features the new Ritchey steel fork with an 1-1/8″ straight steerer
- Fits 27.5″ or 29″ wheels and tires
- Frame & Fork: Ritchey Ascent: Triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing that features rack and fender mounts and a multi-purpose mount under the downtube. The Ritchey steel fork offers up multi-purpose, rack, fender and dynamo light mounts. Other notable features of the new Ritchey Ascent include post-mount brake compatibility, 148mm boost spacing and an external seat collar. Frame and fork are compatible with 27.5″ or 29″ wheels with up to 2.6″ tires
- Shifter: Shimano Deore XT 8100
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT 8100, 12 speed
- Crankset: Shimano Deore XT 8100, 170mm, 32T chainring
- Chain: Shimano Deore XT, 12 speed
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore XT BB-MT800
- Levers and brakes: Shimano Deore XT 8100
- Rotors: Shimano Deore XT Centerlock, 180mm front and 160mm rear
- Headset: Ritchey WCS
- Stem: PRO Discover 6cm
- Seatpost: PRO PLT
- Handlebars: Ritchey Comp
- Wheels: Shimano Deore XT Wheelset, WH-M8120-B-29, 28H, 12-SPEED, F: 15x 110, Rear 12 x 148, Tubeless, Centerlock Disc
- Tires: René Herse Fleecer Pass 29″ x 2.2″ (700C x 55cm)
- Saddle: Fi’zik Aliante R3
- Bottle Cages: PRO (3)
- Pedals: Shimano PD-M540
- Grips: Iodine