Chef Chris Mathias of Cafe Domestique spent many years cooking in France and often when he had vacation time, he would travel to Spain to visit Michael and Dede. This is a classic Basque cheesecake that warms the soul on cold, rainy Spring days.
- 450g Cream Cheese
- 150g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 250ml Sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- Combine in mixer and mix over low speed the cream cheese , sugar, vanilla and lemon zest .
- When well mixed after 4 mins or so , slowly add the eggs 1 by 1. After these are nicely incorporated add the sour cream. Then add the 2 tbsp of flour until just blended do not over work at this point.
- Line a muffin tray for 12 twelve muffins preferably with the tulip style parchment cups.
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius with fan for 40 mins .
- They will rise and crack a bit and then fall when they cool down bug this all part of the rustic charme.
- Let cool for at 30 mins before serving.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.