A collection of stories, news and information that we thought you might find interesting and relevant.
- Wahoo Fitness released a great new video on Allied Cycleworks rider, Colin Strickland and why when faced with the decision to take racing to the next level Colin Strickland chose his own path as he has always done.
- Four close friends – filmmaker Chris Burkard, endurance racer Lael Wilcox, Specialized designer Erik Nohlin, and photographer Rugile Kaladyte – ventured into the great woods of the American West to experience the land via bike for what turned out to be anything but a normal bike packing trip.Their original plans were thwarted due to the devastation of wildfires that seemingly strike the North American West more and more each year. With some last-minute rearranging of the route and a nod that it was safe, the ride was on. They took off to experience a ride and hike that some might call downright insanity. Watch the Long Way Around and be inspired.
- While 2020 was a challenging year, together with film production partners, Shimano still managed to release inspiring short videos that make us want to get out and ride. Also, as a business, it seems that effort paid off, as Shimano received the Vimeo Best of the Year Award in the category of Brand Story: Large Business. One of our favorite video they produced in 2020 was filmed in Squamish, BC with young mountain bike trail rider, Jackson Goldstone. We recommend you watch: This Is Home – Jackson Goldstone.
- Leading bike, scooter and auto companies are developing communication technology that will allow bikes and e-scooters to ‘talk’ to cars. These innovative new systems will result in safer roads. Learn more at Washington Post
- The former CEO of Allied Cycleworks, Brendan Quirk shares his 2021 predictions for the bike industry. Read