The GRIT 4540, was designed from the ground up to recalibrate your all-road wheel expectations from a carbon wheelset. They are ideal for climbing and all purpose road OR gravel/CX (mixed terrain, gravel, cyclocross): Lightweight, amazingly stiff, versatile, snappy, fast, incredibly stable in the crosswinds, and durable on rough terrain.
Princeton Carbonworks designed the GRIT with variable depth sinusoidal cross section, for unrivaled cross wind stability. They also introduced a slightly varying width to the profile, and optimized our carbon layup, focusing around high stress areas. The nipple bed has been completely re-engineered to provide greater carbon thickness in that area, while removing material where not needed. 21mm hook to hook and 29.9mm at the widest point. They also have a uniform, hole-less tire bed. By removing holes from the tire bed, the wheel becomes incredibly stiff (holes+carbon aren’t best friends). That allowed them to make the tire bed thinner (lighter) while providing greater hoop stiffness (stronger). Oh yeah, no more tubeless tape either. The GRIT 4540 is laced to White Industries, Tune or DT Swiss 240EXP or DT Swiss 180EXP hubs Tubeless and podium ready. We stock the DT Swiss 240 EXP wheels and all other hub models are special order with current lead times of approximately 2 weeks.
- Hub: DT Swiss 240 in stock (Available in DT Swiss 180, Chris King R45, Tune and White Industries hubs by special order. Please contact us for lead time and pricing. Average lead-time is 2 weeks).
- Brake Type: Disc (or rim by special order)
- Rim Weight: 415 grams
- Hook to hook: 21mm
- Depth: 45 to 40mm, Variable
- Max width: 29.9mm
- Freehub body: Available in Shimano 11, SRAM XDR and Campagnolo (White Industry and Tune hubs only).
- Wheelset complete weight:
- DT Swiss 240: Front wheel: 668 g, Rear wheel: 776 g, Total wheelset weight: 1444 g.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a special order wheelset.
Princeton Carbonworks GRIT 4540 Wheel Review @Velonews >>