Serving as a signal of Shimano’s deep commitment to the gravel riding community and building upon the release of the GRX gravel groupset, Shimano designed the RX8, a truly high performance, lightweight gravel racing shoe. The RX8 marries the top performance features of Shimano’s premium mountain bike and road racing footwear in a shoe that balances pedaling performance and off-the-bike capability. The result is a lightweight, stiff, walk able shoe that is ideal for gravel racers, gran fondo riders, and weekend warriors.
In the past, many gravel riders and racers were under-served in terms of footwear options. While riders will benefit from features found in mountain bike shoes, those shoes are typically overbuilt and heavier. With many road cyclists exploring gravel, their tastes in footwear drift towards road shoes with ultra-stiff soles delivering maximum pedaling efficiency. Shimano’s RX8 is designed to meet all of these needs in a balanced shoe optimized for gravel.
- Super stiff and lightweight carbon composite sole.
- System engineered with SPD pedals for maximum pedaling efficiency and stability.
- Lightweight (265 grams) , abrasion-resistant TPU lugs for the best balance of pedaling performance and off the bike capability.
- Surround upper pattern provides the perfect balance of holding power and absolute all day comfort.
- Boa® IP1 with dual micro adjustment function.