Tom Ritchey rides about 10,000 miles per year, and he loves those long boundless rides where the surface changes from gravel to tarmac and everything in between. Combine that with his more than 40 years of designing and building bicycles, and it’s no wonder the Outback has become an icon in the gritty world of gravel and adventure bikes.
Tom also loves to travel. Inspired by an inherent passion for experiencing different cultures and a ceaseless desire to explore the world by bike, Tom designed the new Outback Break-Away® for those of us that appreciate the versatility of the Outback and possess the wanderlust to travel with it to far-off destinations – this bike is for everyone who has demanded a steel Outback Break-Away over the past few years.
The Outback Steel Break-Away easily and quickly disassembles to fit into its own included sturdy travel case, which helps you avoid airline extra baggage fees. Once you arrive at your destination, the bike assembles with ease – allowing you to quickly get out and go.
In addition to its liberating and innovative Break-Away design, the Outback Steel Break-Away sports several practical and adaptable features that offer riders the ability to chase epic ride experiences beyond the end of the road and the end of the day. Rack and fender mounts help to keep things dry and expand the load-carrying capacity for longer bikepacking adventures, while clearance for 700c x 48mm or 650b x 2.0in tires opens up a whole new world of possibilities. The frame accepts flat-mount disc calipers, and the new all-carbon fiber Ritchey Adventure Fork with multi-purpose mounts on the legs gives you more places to stow the supplies you gather at the last café – wherever that may be.
- Patented Ritchey Break-Away® design
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing – TIG welded
- Rack and fender mounts
- Ultra-light forged and machined straight 1-1/8″ headtube
- WCS headset included (upper IS42/28.6 – 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)
- 142mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat tube with integrated seat collar (max torque setting: 6Nm)
- Seat tube clamp size: 28.6mm (2.5Nm max for derailleur clamps and chain guides)
- Bottom bracket: 68mm – English threaded
- Can accommodate 1X or 2X chainrings
- Crankset min/max ring size – single: 36 to 46t / double: 46/30t to 50/34t
- External cable routing
- Bottle mounts: 3
- New Ritchey Carbon Adventure Fork with multi-purpose, rack and fender mounts
- 1-1/8″ straight steerer with integrated 45-degree crown race
- 100mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Steerer length: 300mm
- Axle-crown: 393mm
- Rake/Offset: 50mm
- Fork max payload: 3kg per side
- Wheel and tire compatibility: 700 x 48mm or 650 x 2.0in (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Frame max spacing: 58mm
- Fork max spacing: 60mm
- Flat-mount brakes front and rear: 140mm (160mm max – adaptors available separately)
- Frame flat-mount bracket height: 10mm
- Housing stops on down tube optimized for mechanical brake coupling
- Hydraulic brake compatible (please see brake manufacturer recommendation for traveling with hydraulic brakes)
- Sizes: XS / S / M / L / XL
- Frame weight: 2.28kg (size L – w/o thru-axle)
- Fork weight: 450g. (uncut w/o thru-axle)
- Color: Queso y Crema
- Packs into included travel case (8.5” / 21.6cm W x 26.5” / 67.3cm H x 31” / 78.8cmL w/ wheels)
- Downtube hinge clamp, rear brake cable connector and derailleur cable connectors included
- How to Pack a Ritchey Break-Away
Warning: Please follow the recommended maximum torque specified by accessory manufacturers, though Ritchey recommends not exceeding 3Nm. To ensure safety and trouble-free usage, please use the original Ritchey fork/frame hardware when no aftermarket accessories are mounted to the fork/frame.
Note: Ritchey does not guarantee airlines will not charge additional fees for Break-Away travel bags. Luggage charges are always at the discretion of the airline.
There are no reviews yet.