To celebrate Ritchey’s 50th anniversary and Tom’s enduring and influential spirit of off-road adventure, the 50th Anniversary Outback proudly sports a Half Moon Blue paint scheme – an amazingly beautiful light blue to deep blue fade that truly moves the soul. Additionally, this limited-edition gravel rig is adorned with special Ritchey logos that reference the company’s history and the influence Palo Alto, California has had on Tom.
The Outback has several practical and adaptable features make the bike versatile. Rack and fender mounts help to keep things dry and expand the load-carrying capacity for longer bikepacking adventures, while clearance for 700c x 48mm or 650b x 2.0in tires allows the bicycle to be used on extremely rough terrain. The frame accepts flat-mount disc calipers, and the new all-carbon fiber Ritchey Adventure Fork. Multi-purpose mounts on the fork blades gives you more places to stow supplies for longer trips.
TIG-welded with proprietary triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing, the Outback frame is well built, resilient over the harshest terrain and responsive.
- Includes new Ritchey Adventure Fork with multipurpose mounts
- Built with a GRX Limited Edition 2×11 groupset, GRX 650B Wheels (GRX 700C alloy or carbon wheels are available at check out) and Rene Herse 650B x 48mm slick tires (other tire options available at check out).
- Features rack and fender mounts
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing – TIG welded
- Rack and fender mounts
- Ultra-light forged and machined straight 1-1/8″ headtube
- WCS headset included (upper IS42/28.6 – 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)
- 142mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat tube with integrated seat collar (max torque setting: 6Nm)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 28.6mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) – not included
- Bottom bracket: 68mm – English threaded
- Can accommodate 1X or 2X chainrings
- Crankset min/max ring size – single: 36 to 46t / double: 46/30t to 50/34t
- External cable routing
- Bottle mounts: 3
- New Ritchey Carbon Adventure Fork with multi-purpose, rack and fender mounts
- 1-1/8″ straight steerer with integrated 45-degree crown race
- 100mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Steerer length: 300mm
- Axle-crown: 393mm
- Rake/Offset: 50mm
- Fork max payload: 3kg per side
- Wheel and tire compatibility: 700 x 48mm or 650 x 2.0in (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Frame max spacing: 58mm
- Fork max spacing: 60mm
- Flat-mount brakes front and rear: 140mm (160mm max – adaptors available separately)
- Frame flat-mount bracket height: 10mm
- Size: M
- Frame weight: 2,175g
- Fork weight: 445g (with uncut steerer / not including axle)
- Colors: Half Moon Blue Fade
What’s included in the GRX LE groupset / kit:
|Crankset (2x 48-31), Length: 172.5mm|
|Front Derailleur (2x only)|
|Shifters / Brakes: Pre-bled|
- Handlebars: Shimano Discover Alloy
- Stem: Shimano Discover Alloy
- Seatpost: Shimano PLT
- Saddle: Fi’zik Aliante R3
- Tires: Rene Herse Switchback Hill 650B x 48mm (other tire options available at check out.
Warning: Please follow the recommended maximum torque specified by accessory manufacturers, though Ritchey recommends not exceeding 3Nm. To ensure safety and trouble-free usage, please use the original Ritchey fork/frame hardware when no aftermarket accessories are mounted to the fork/frame.
“WITH A DESIGN THAT BUCKS THE CURRENT TREND IN GRAVEL BIKES IT PROVIDES AN INCREDIBLY SMOOTH RIDE THAT CRUISES OVER HARD PACK ‘HERO GRAVEL’ AND DOESN’T FLINCH OVER A FIELD OF BABYHEADS.”
“STABLE AND EASY TO MANAGE FOR EVERYTHING FROM ASPHALT TO GRAVEL TO DIRT SINGLETRACK.” – Bike Rumor
The Ritchey Outback won the Most Supple Adventure Bike of the year award in 2020
Frame and Fork Geometry Chart and technical drawings
There are no reviews yet.