Advanced aerospace engineering facilitates better speed through the breakthrough of dynamic cross-section variability – WAKE – which yields lower drag and reduced effects of vortex shedding. Optimized mechanical design paired with advanced manufacturing increases stress distribution and enables weight reduced layup schedule.
When Princeton CarbonWorks launched the WAKE 6560, it broke industry benchmarks and forced discerning riders, like World Time Trial Champion Filippo Ganna to recalibrate aerodynamic, strength, stability and weight expectations. In 4 years of research and development Princeton Carbonworks wheels were wind tunnel confirmed, road tested, gravel verified and race proven.
Team Ineos rider, Filippo Ganna on his way to winning the 2020 World Championships Time Trial with the Princeton Carbonworks Wake 6560 front wheel and Blur rear wheel.
WAKE 6560 has symmetrical front and rear rim profiles that each contain 24 sinusoidal oscillations, resulting a revolutionary shaped rim varying between 60 and 65mm deep. Full carbon and tubeless ready, the rim profile is laced to your choice of WHITE INDUSTRIES, TUNE or DT Swiss Hubs, and are available in Rim or Disc brake versions. In addition to individual wheel build reports, each UCI-registered set of WAKE 6560s is delivered with (when necessary) skewers, tubeless tape and valves, PCW padded wheel bags, and SwissStop Black Prince brake pads.
Current lead time is 2 weeks from time of order.
Price is for one front and one rear wheel.
- Weight, Front: Rim brake: 675g (White Industries hub), 657g (Tune Hub)
- Weight, Rear: Rim Brake: 870 (White Industries hub, 780g (Tune hub)
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Max Rim Width: 26mm
- Max Rim Depth: 65mm
- Min rim Depth: 60mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Nipples: Sapim® Secure Lock
- Spoke Count: 16/24 (24/24 available upon request)
- Brake Type: Rim, Disc
- Hub type: White Industries, TUNE, DT Swiss 180EXP, CK R45 Standard (Special order, with additional lead time), CK R45 Ceramic (Special order, with additional lead time), DT Swiss 240 (Special Order)
- Freehub body options: Shimano 11, SRAM XD, Campagnolo (TUNE and White Industries Only)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom wheelset.
Reviews and technical information:
- Princeton CarbonWorks makes wheels that feature a sinusoidal rim pattern. What does that mean, and what benefits do riders derive from it? Harrison Marcris, Co-Founder of Princeton Carbonworks sits down with Velonews Technical Editor Dan Cavllari to talk all things wheels! Listen to Tech Podcast: What is a sinusoidal rim shape and why does it matter?
- Velonews Review: Princeton CarbonWorks Wake 6560 Wheels