Performance cycling saddle with a revolutionary 3d printed padding offering seamlessly engineered zonal cushioning.
The Antares Versus Evo R3 Adaptative is a revolutionary 3D printed saddle with carbon reinforced nylon shell a unique web padding that offers individualized cushioning. Each different area of the saddle is designed with different padding properties to cater to each contact point seamlessly.
The R3 version has lightweight yet cost-effective K:ium rails
- 3D printed design
- Unique adaptative padding
- Different padding properties for each contact point
- K:ium rails
A 3D PRINTED PADDING
The evolution of digital 3D printing allowed us to develop a new saddle without the constraints or limitations imposed by traditional production methods and materials. The Adaptive saddle padding is crafted by Carbon using its revolutionary Digital Light Synthesis technology. DLS is an additive manufacturing process which uses digital ultraviolet light projection, oxygen permeable optics, and programmable liquid resins to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties, resolution and surface finish.
TAILORED ZONAL CUSHIONING
Using Carbon technology, biomechanists and engineers have an unprecedented possibility: to design and manufacture multiple functional zones within the saddle, tuning each of them separately for specific mechanical properties.Each of these key functional zones is engineered with a distinctive cushioning and mechanical response, joined together progressively and seamlessly in the same padding.
LAB TESTED, ROAD PROVEN
Professional cyclists and amateur riders were tested in both the fizik labs and on the road. During each development phase, every iteration was carefully tested. A great focus has been put on understanding how the pressure patterns change according to different bike geometries, riding positions, and riding styles.
The saddle is very easy to clean. Even with the filthiest road muck, all you need to do is simply hose it over with water. Whatever gets in, gets out. We’ve put it through the most severe tests, simulating accelerated weathering, UV aging and wear resistance by following strict protocols.
- Adaptive: Carbon® Digital Light Synthesis™ 3D printing technology, offering seamlessly engineered zonal cushioning
- Versus Evo: Engineered with a degree of flexibilty and a full channel design for pressure relief on soft tissue area
- R3: A combination of a ride compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and a Kium hollow rail with high strength-to-weight ratio grad
- Intended use: road racing
- Concepts: this is a product of the fizik Concepts programme, a cross-disciplinary collaboration of leading industry experts and academics carrying out research and analysis on technology, design, physiology and bikefitting in search of ways to improve cycling performance.