LIGHTWEIGHT, YET BURLY. TIGHT, YET AGILE. POINT IN ANY DIRECTION AND GO.
The ABLE is a high-performance off-road machine that tilts more towards the “mountain skinny” side of the gravel segment. It prefers a big tire but keeps a short rear end – in fact, it’s the same as the ALLROAD at 420mm. This is achieved by the most striking feature on the bike – the elevated drive-side chainstay.
Getting a chainstay this short with high tire volume is a packaging exercise because the chainring, chainstay, and tire all compete for space behind the bottom bracket. On mountain bikes this problem is addressed by widening the bottom bracket — but that affects Q factor in a negative way. When we made the decision to make the ABLE 1X-specific it opened the design envelope and ultimately led to the decision to elevate the chainstay. By moving it up and out of the way we could make it extremely wide resulting in an incredibly responsive ride.
While the award-winning ALLROAD is a Swiss Army knife for a majority of mixed surface riding, when the path gets rambunctious its road-racing genes might seem lacking. We found ourselves on occasion wanting a bike that was equally engineered, but felt more at home on steeper, rockier and more rugged terrain. It was from this desire that the ABLE was born. It’s lightweight, tight, durable and agile. You can point it in any direction and go.
The ABLE is designed to be ripped around on singletrack, fire roads, hardpack dirt, and chunky gravel. Proven on the brutal roads of the Dirty Kanza where ALLIED athletes Colin Strickland and Amity Rockwell piloted their ABLEs to overall victory.
- Maximum Clearance: 700C x 47mm (or 650 x 55mm) front and 700C x 43 (or 650B x 47mm) rear
- Bottle Mounts: 2x Downtube, Seat Tube and Top Tube bag (or 4th bottle)
- Chainstay: 420mm length, elevated on the drive side
- Drivetrain: Purpose-built for 1x
- Geometry optimized for gravel and off-road riding with a head tube angle of 71 degrees and a trail of 66mm for most sizes, with a stack slightly taller than an Allied All-Road or Alfa Disc
- Other specifications: 27.2 mm seatpost. Flat-mount disc brakes, Integrated FSA headset – 1 1/8″-1-1/4″ (included with the frame) and I-9 Matchstix thru axles. 1.5TP front and rear (included with the frame)
- This frame is painted Calvary Blue with Ecru logos and is built with a Shimano Di2 GRX groupset.
Build Kit: Shimano GRX Di2
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra BBR60
- Brakes: Shimano GRX
- Cassette: Shimano GRX 11-42
- Chain: Shimano
- Crankset: Shimano GRX 172.5, 42T Chainring
- Shift Levers: Shimano GRX Di2 HRD
- Front Derailleur: Shimano GRX Di2
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX Di2
- Handlebar: Shimano Discover Medium Flare
- Stem: Shimano Discover, 100mm
- Seatpost: Shimano PRO Discover Carbon 27.2
- Handlebar Tape: Fi’zik Bondcrush Classic 3.0mm
- Tires: Rene Herse Hurricane 700C x 42mm Endurance Dark Tan, Tubeless set up (or René Herse 650B Endurance Tires, depending upon wheel choice).
- Saddle: Fi’zik Antares Adaptive R3
- Wheels: Several wheel options provided.