Here is a playlist I put together recently and posted on Spotify: Arrows. The photos below were taken while training in Girona over the last few weeks. I’ve completely recovered from the injuries I sustained in the Tour of Qatar and am now working to get back into shape. It feels great to be back on the bike, pushing over the climbs and sprinting for town signs. Recently, the intensity in my training has increased–I’m now doing  a lot of motor-pacing, threshold efforts in the hills and short intense efforts to simulate racing. I’ll return to racing at the Tour of Norway in mid-May and will then ride the Tour of Luxembourg and Tour de Suisse. My race schedule for the second half of the season has yet to be determined. [nggallery id=51]

Showing 12 comments
  • Franz

Bonne route! Glad to hear everything is on track for a return to the peloton. Enjoy the pics.

• Paul

Glad to hear you’re back on the bike!

• Rick Millenaar

Keep it up Michael, and thanks for the music.

• Marc

Eres el mejor Michael, me alegro mucho que vuelvas a competir en mayo. Mucha suerte!!! Nos vemos.

Great to hear…can’t to see you back racing…Res Firma Mitescere Nescit

• Peter

Great Pinarello and Mariposa pic. Happy to hear you are about to get back to it – was enjoying watching you and Svein on the front in Qatar.

• Peter Leiss

Hey Mike great news, happy to read that you back and working hard. Bets of luck with the rest of the season.

• Simone W

Missed you in the Spring Classics, Michael. At least you and David Millar had each other as training partners on the recovery road. Your experience will be huge for Edvald and Lars-Petter. Hopefully thats got the bad luck done and dusted now, and successful racing for you now through to Oct

• Carles

Go Michael!

nice to hear your much better!

best training is Sant Marti Sacalm 3 or 4 times… without forgetting Rocacorba!

alle alle alle!!!

• mark agcaoili

Hi Michael,

Just curious are you shooting your pics with just an iPhone or a higher quality point and shoot or a GoPro? Thanks.

BTW: awesome blog! Best of luck in your up coming races!

-Mark

• Michael Barry

Hi Mark, I use an iPhone 4s (the recent pix were taken with the iPhone) or a Lumix DMC FT1 point and shoot. Pleased you like the blog and thanks. Cheers, Michael

• Liz Miller

Rooting for you in Tour de Norway. Enjoy it, wish I could go there to cheer Team Sky on to a win! Best wishes to you and the Team Sky guys, from Liz, Jersey, Channel Islands