Showing 11 comments
  • simon jagassar

Great vid. Thanks for sharing. Man are you ever “hammering” in some parts. Good for new cyclists to show the importance of motor pacing and how not only how difficult its for both you the rider and the “motor pacer.”

• Tom Nesbitt

What fun!
    I used that My Morning Jacket album the last couple of years while riding rollers in the winter.
    Thanks

• Rob

great vid, great song…….name? artist?

• Michael Barry

Glad you enjoyed it. The artist is My Morning Jacket. The song: Wordless Chorus. Cheers, Michael

• alex

Summer in Spain….., brings back good memories.
    Welcome back, good to see you on the saddle again.

• david andersen

Very cool! I just spent 10 days riding around the Pyrenees and boy was it hot.

• Alex

Thanks Michael,
    Great video.
    Hope to see you in Montreal racing this year.
    Would like to have you autograph your book.
    Keep the rubber side down & Ride hard or go home.

• Carles

Great Video! I’m algo a hobby biker in the weekends.

ride mostly around santa coloma de farners, amer, sant hilari.

guess you already know those mountains, if not, check the route which goes from Anglés, Osor, Sant Hilari Sacalm, Santa Coloma de Farners anb back to Anglés o Girona.

you’ll love it! a nice climb with some times 0 cars!

woud be cool to meet you guys on the road! 🙂

• Andrew

Thanks, Michael, for the great video of hard motor pacing. For me, a pure amateur and 50 year old Masters rider, it is hard to get that kind of intensive training by myself. Keep up the interesting writing and great riding! Andrew

• Alan

Ah yes, Sant Hilari, a beautiful 24k climb out of Angles, and then at least 4 superb pastry shops in town when you hit the top. My group had a villa between Girona and Angles Last July – that was by far the favourite loop. Also Olot.

pingbacks / trackbacks
  • […] was leaving the next day. Michael, between two stage races, skipped the climb, thinking he might go motorpacing that afternoon. Just as well. I was in no shape to chase anyone up that mountain, say nothing of a […]